Vacation Day Program
April 16 @ 9:00 am - April 20 @ 2:00 pm
Vacation Days are for children in grades K – 6.
Program fee: $40 per day, $15 per day for extended day. Children may be registered for any number and combination of days.
What do we do each day?
Each day, children can choose from a variety of farm and nature based activities – they can sign up for the activity that they are most excited to do! We offer one activity session in the morning, then we all have lunch together (children bring their own lunch), then we have another activity choice after lunch. Dismissal follows the second activity session. Children who are staying for extended day (2 – 4 PM) have snack time (bring your own) and then they have open recreation time. Extended day activities include games, art, and outside playtime!
Vacation Day programs have MIXED AGE groups. Each activity choice has space for 12 children, and those children are likely to range in age from 5 – 12. Because the groups are small and we have one teacher and at least one counselor for every 12 children, we find that the mixed age groupings work well, and they give friends and siblings of varying ages the option to choose to be together.
Seasonal activity examples
- Fall: hiking to Judges Cave or Lake Wintergreen, cooking over the campfire, building forts, making harvest pizza from the garden, caring for farm animals, making inventions in Tinkertown, and more!
- Winter: snow play, winter animal tracking, cooking with food from the farm, maple sugaring, sheep & wool art, snow shoeing, sledding, cardboard fort building, recycled art, and more!
- Spring: fort building, nature hikes, visiting baby farm animals, wetland exploration (frogs & tadpoles), gardening, cooking with food from the farm, mud art, hikes to Judges Cave and Lake Wintergreen, fairy houses, natural and recycled arts, games, and more!
All programs include both indoor and outdoor activities in all weather so it is important to make sure your child is appropriately dressed each day. Shoes must have a closed toe and heel and be good for walking, running, and hiking. Children should also bring their own bagged lunch each day.
2017 – 2018 Dates and Program Fees
Who: Children in grades K – 6
Time: 9 AM – 2 PM ($40), with optional extended day from 2 – 4 PM ($15)
- Sept 21 (Rosh Hashana)
- Nov 7 (Election Day)
- Jan 15 (MLK day)
- Feb 19 and 20 (February Vacation)
- March 30 (Good Friday)
- April 16 – 20 (April Vacation)
Limited financial aid is available to qualified applicants from any town. Apply online HERE .
Questions? Call Rebecca Holcombe at 203-389-4333 x 1213 or email email@example.com.