Common Ground High School – the nation’s original environmental charter high school, growing the next generation of successful college students and powerful environmental leaders – is seeking a SPANISH TEACHER for the 2014-15 school year.
At Common Ground, a truly diverse community of 180 students – 80% students of color, 70% from the City of New Haven, 60% qualifying for free or reduced lunch – experiences a mix of high academic standards, active learning and leadership opportunities, and small school supports that are producing dramatic educational results. More than 97% of our students are accepted to college, and our students’ 4-year graduation rate is nearly 10 points above the state average. Over the last 5 years, the percentage of our students earning proficient scores in math – and every other subject – has more than doubled.
Common Ground is seeking a dedicated, creative, collaborative, results-oriented Spanish teacher with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of two years Spanish teaching experience and appropriate certification to teach Spanish in Connecticut
- Curriculum development experience and skills – focused on mastery of Common Core Standards at the high school level
- Demonstrated commitment to an interdisciplinary, active, authentic, project-based teaching approach
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and awareness of environmental issues
- Experience with 21st-century educational technology, including learning management systems, audio-visual classroom delivery systems, web 2.0 tools, student information systems and other on-line communication tools
- Commitment to go above and beyond to support the educational success of our diverse student body
Individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures are highly encouraged to apply.
Please email or mail cover letter, resume and copy of CT State Certification to:
Liz Cox, School Director
Common Ground High School
358 Springside Avenue
New Haven, CT 06515