Click here for more Covid related info and other Student Health related documents and information.
- Bus Service
- Buzz (Our Course Management System)
- Weekly School Schedule
- Student Handbook
- School calendar (In English & En Espanol).
- Important Immunization Information (In English & En Espanol).
- Universal free meals program (in English & En Espanol)
Please reach out, and we will help answer your questions.
Main Number: 203.389.4333
Complete Teachers & Staff List
- Ana Rosa, x1202, Office Manager,Email
- Iris Jimenez, Educational Aide, x1200, Email
- Monica Maccera Filppu, Executive Director & Interim School Director, x1216 Email
- Visit us & Apply
- Teachers & Staff
- How is Learning Different at Common Ground?
- Our Classes & Curriculum
- Every Student Leads: POWER at Common Ground
- Outside the Classroom: After-School Programs
- College Success
- Are you an athlete? Scientist? Activist? Artist? Entrepreneur? Environmental Leader? Find out how CG can help you blaze your path.
In each of the last 5 years, between 97% and 100% of our graduates were accepted to college. Our 4-year graduation rates significantly exceeded the state average in 4 of the 5 last school years. Recent Common Ground 9th and 10th graders have made greater gains in reading, writing, and math than 90 or more percent of their peers across the country, according to results of the NWEA MAP. Common Ground was the state’s first U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon School and a recipient of many awards and grants in recognition of our work.
Common Ground’s curriculum combines rigorous high academic standards for all, responsive relationships with adults and peers who really care, relevant, real-world learning that’s rooted in the community and environment, and real roles and rights for students. Imagine studying …
- Math while you … decide what should be planted on Common Ground’s farm to maximize production, nutrition, taste, and cultural relevance.
- Science while you … turn what you are learning about climate change into beautiful paintings, spoken word, and graffiti art
- English while you … work with professional actors to write and perform plays about social justice issues that matter to you.