Common Ground Camp is a farm and nature based day camp in New Haven, CT. Campers ages 4 – 13 enjoy games, cooking, hiking, imaginative play, art, music, and outdoor adventures! We serve approximately 300 campers and 80 staff each day.
RV motorhomes are a great option for those who are in the market to purchase a motor home. RVs have some of the best features available, such as large driveways and lots of room, as well as many options that will meet any particular need you might have. The best way to determine if RV motorhomes for sale are what you’re looking for is to start by asking some questions. By getting to know the companies behind the RV brands, go to Zervs and you’ll have a much better idea of just how reliable they are and how easy they are to work with.
Common Ground Camp is seeking a camp nurse (RN) for summer 2019. We are seeking a nurturing, level headed person to handle routine first aid such as bee stings and scraped knees, as well as to provide assessment and response for ill and injured campers.
The camp nurse may also play a general camp support role when not busy caring for. Tasks may include (but are not limited to) organizing camp tshirt and hoodie orders, waiting with campers who are being picked up early, and any number of other tasks that come up in a busy, fun camp setting!
• Day to day implementation of Camp Health Care Plan, as specified by State of CT Youth Camp Licensing. This includes providing First Aid, individual health care, maintaining health records, management, and administration and tracking of medications.
• Review medical and special needs of incoming campers and reach out to parents for additional information or documentation as needed.
• Check in camper meds on Monday mornings
• Communicate with parents about injuries, illnesses, and questions about medical needs.
• During emergencies or crises, help coordinate the camp’s response from a healthcare perspective in order to provide for the health and safety of campers and staff.
• Maintain the health care station and first aid kits used by staff.
• Communicate with the supervising camp doctor as needed, including dropping off the bound medical log at the doctors’ office and picking it up once per week
• Additional responsibilities assigned as required
• Current RN license
• Experience working with children in a healthcare setting
• Commitment to caring and nurturing response to children experiencing physical or emotional distress
• Known to be level headed and able to use excellent judgement in times of stress or emergency
• Willing to be flexible and play a support role in camp when not busy with camp medical needs
• Able to commit to all dates of the camp season
DATES OF EMPLOYMENT
• Required dates of work are July 1 – August 9, with some time to be scheduled flexibly the week of June 24 – 28.
• Hours are Mondays from 8:15 – 2:30 and Tuesdays – Fridays from 9:30 – 2:30.
Children of staff may attend camp for a reduced camp fee
TO APPLY: email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com