PLEASE NOTE: In order to comply with adjusted CT Open Meeting laws, this Zoom meeting will be recorded and posted on the Common Ground website
New Haven Ecology Project
Board Meeting Agenda
August 30, 2021
Meeting ID: 856 2550 1057
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,85625501057# US (Chicago)
+16465588656,,85625501057# US (New York)
Public Comment (5:35) (two minutes per person for a total time limit of 30 minutes, or by email; see instructions below) Sign up for Public Participation HERE
Business Requiring Approval (6:05)
- June 28th and 29th Board Minutes
- The Governance Committee requests that the board vote to approve CGHS teacher, Joseph Melendez, as ex oficio voting member of the board through June 2022.
- SY 2021-2022 calendar with date correction for Yom Kippur which was captured incorrectly on previous draft.
Invoices Needing Approval
- Gopher $6,514.34, Gym Equipment
- Corporate Systems Consulting $19,125.00, Schoolwide chromebooks, new 3 year leases
- Corporate Systems Consulting $5000.00, Chromebooks, old leases (years 2-4 of preexisting 4 year leases)
- Corporate Systems Consulting $5,722.00, NHEP Staff Laptop Replacements
- Kendall Hunt Publishing $6,887.28, Math textbooks
- Academy Furniture $5,221.99, Springside Office Modular Furniture
- WB Mason $26,131.86, New High School classroom furniture & cafeteria
Executive Director Report (6:10) (Monica)
Governance Committee Report (6:20) (Bob)
The Governance committee did not meet over the summer, but corresponded by email to discuss and endorse Joseph Melendez as ex oficio member. The Board Chairs held an new board member orientation on July 27th.
School Committee Report (6:30) (Monica)
The School Committee met on August 24th to discuss updates to the staff and student handbooks. The School Committee asks the board to approve the SY 2021-2022 Student Handbook The staff handbook will require revisions in December 2021 to comply with new FMLA Regulations.
Audit Committee (6:40)
The board has formed an Audit committee led by Deloris Vaughn that will oversee our current audit and initiate a search for a new Audit firm for FY 22.
Finance Committee Report (6:40) (Beth)
The Finance Committee met on August 23rd to review current financials, progress towards final FY 21 numbers, changes needed to staff benefits and to discuss investment opportunities with the Community Foundation.
Development Committee Report (6:50)
New Business (7:00)
Next Meeting: September 27th
In order to comply with adjusted Connecticut Open Meeting laws, any member of the public wishing to participate in the meeting must sign up on the Public Participation Sign-up Document. Sign-ups for Public Participation will open at 5 pm on the last business day before the meeting (Friday, August 27th) and will close at 5:00 pm on the day of the meeting (Monday, August 30th). Public Participation is limited to 2 minutes per person up to 30 total minutes. Anyone wishing to make a statement to the board can also submit testimony in writing to Elena.Augusewicz@nhep.com by 5:30 pm on the day of the meeting. All submitted documents will be included in the publicly shared meeting minutes.