PLEASE NOTE: In order to comply with adjusted CT Open Meeting laws, this Zoom meeting will be recorded and posted on the Common Ground website
New Haven Ecology Project
February 27, 2023
Join Zoom Meeting
Public Comment (5:30) (two minutes per person for a total time limit of 30 minutes, or by email; see instructions below) Sign up for Public Participation HERE
Business Requiring Approval (6:00)
Minutes of the January Board Meeting
Invoices Needing Approval
- Elm Shakespeare Company $8000: Teaching semester-long Foundations of Acting course. $4,850 charged to Barr Implementation. The other $3,150 is charged to Barr WLE Sustainability Award.
- Zangari Cohen $6502.84
- ABM Cleaning $7177 per month, to replace the existing cleaning contract. Approved monthly payment through June 30, 2023
- Thurston Foods $13,109.29 Food for end of Jan/All of Feb
- Berkley Net, $33971.00 Workers Comp Audit premium payment plan
- 1) [14% of Audit Premium is $4,755.94] = Total Amount Due on 2/7/2023. *PAID 2/14
- 2) [17% of Audit Premium is $5,775.07] = Total Amount Due on 3/1/2023.
- 3) [17% of Audit Premium is $5,775.07] = Total Amount Due on 4/1/2023.
- 4) [17% of Audit Premium is $5,775.07] = Total Amount Due on 5/1/2023.
- 5) [18% of Audit Premium is $6,114.78] = Total Amount Due on 6/1/2023.
- 6) [18% of Audit Premium is $6,114.78] = Total Amount Due on 6/30/2023
Executive Director Report (6:15) (Monica)
Audit Committee (7:00) (Gioia)
No meetings until Fall 2023
Development Committee Report (7:00) (Alexis)
Finance Committee Report (7:05) (Beth)
The finance committee met on February 21st to review Budget vs Actuals as of January 31, 2023. Minutes of our meeting can be found here. Our next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, February 21st at 5pm. For more info contact Beth Klingher.
The Finance Committee has reviewed and requests that the Board approves the filing of our Form 990 for FY 22 (July 1,2021-June 30, 2022) as prepared by our accountant.
Governance Committee Report (7:15) (Bob)
The Governance Committee met on February 21st to discuss Executive Director Evaluation and the recruitment of new board members, including the officer slate for FY 24. The committee also discussed board member training and requests that members who have not yet completed that put their preferred email address in THIS GOOGLE doc so we can get you registered. The next meeting is scheduled for March 7th. For more info contact Bob Parker.
School Committee Report (7:15) (Monica)
There was no school committee meeting in February as there were no agenda items.
New Business (7:20)
Next Meeting: February 27th
In order to comply with adjusted Connecticut Open Meeting laws, any member of the public wishing to participate in the meeting must sign up on the Public Participation Sign-up Document. Sign-ups for Public Participation will open at 5 pm on the last business day before the meeting (Friday, February 24th) and will close at 5:00 pm on the day of the meeting (Monday, February 27th) Public Participation is limited to 2 minutes per person up to 30 total minutes. Anyone wishing to make a statement to the board can also submit testimony in writing to Bob.Parker@nhep.com by 5:00 pm on the day of the meeting. All submitted documents will be included in the publicly shared meeting minutes.
Leave A Comment