This Meeting will be held by Zoom
September 18th, 2023
Public Comment (5:30) (two minutes per person for a total time limit of 30 minutes, or by email; see instructions below) Sign up for Public Participation HERE
Business Requiring Approval (6:00)
Invoices Needing Approval
Zangari Cohen $19,234.63 August Services
PKF O’Connor Davies $15,000 Annual Audit
Executive Director Report (6:15) (Monica)
Audit Committee (7:00)
No meetings until Fall 2023: FY 23 Audit in progress
Development (Feast) Committee Report (7:00) (Audrey)
There was no Development Committee meeting in September, but many meetings of the Feast committee for a successful Feast from the Fields. Thanks to everyone for making that possible. See ED report for a more detailed update.
Finance Committee Report (7:05) (Jeff)
The Finance committee met on September 14th to review Budget vs Actuals as of August 30th and Invoices for approval. The Finance Committee will next meet on Thursday, September 21st. For more info contact Jeff Carter.
Governance Committee Report (7:15) (Alexis)
The Governance Committee met on September 12th to discuss the following: (1) Ensure all board members were assigned to a committee; (2) ensure all committees had chairs or co-chairs; (3) discuss onboarding of newly appointed board members; and (4) discuss creating additional committees to enable the board to address issues that may not fit neatly into current committees. The next meeting of the committee is on October 24th For more info contact Alexis Smith .
School Committee Report (7:15) (Monica)
The School Committee met on September 13th to discuss their charter and priorities for the year as well as staff member concerns about Common Ground High School that have been brought to the board.
Given the high volume of Common Ground High School staff turnover over the past two years, and given the numerous requests by staff for a response from the Board to identified concerns, the School Committee is recommending that the Board issue a statement indicating that:
- The Board is similarly concerned and wants staff to know they are heard;
- The Board recognizes that there are a variety of issues that need addressing;
- The board is committed to gathering data and information needed to understand these complex issues as expeditiously as possible
- The Board is very committed to ensuring the long-term successful operation of the school.
- In the meantime, the Board is hoping that all of us committed to the success of the school can put frustrations, fears and grievances aside and remain focused on supporting our new and returning staff in making it a successful year for our students.
New Business (7:20)
- Proposal to schedule a Special Meeting of the Board before the October meeting to discuss and vote on Collective Bargaining Agreement with staff union.
Executive Session (7:20)
Next Meeting: September 18th
In order to comply with Connecticut Open Meeting laws, any member of the public wishing to participate in the meeting must sign up on the Public Participation Sign-up Document. Sign-ups for Public Participation will open at 5 pm on the last business day before the meeting (Friday, September 15th ) and will close at 5:00 pm on the day of the meeting (Monday, September 18th) Public Participation is limited to 2 minutes per person up to 30 total minutes. Anyone wishing to make a statement to the board can also submit testimony in writing to Alexis.Smith@nhep.com by 5:00 pm on the day of the meeting. All submitted documents will be included in the publicly shared meeting minutes.